Orlando Predators Dancer Auditions
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a member of the Orlando Predators Dancers! Auditions are typically held at the end of each calendar year, the 2020 dates will be released soon. If you would like to be placed on the audition email list to receive future updates or if you have additional questions regarding the audition process, please email your full name and contact details to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest and good luck!
2020 Pre-Audition Classes
Dancers who attend all 4 prep classes can earn a Preds pass advancing them straight into finals.
First Round Audition: February 15th at 11:00 am
- Registration at 10:00 a.m.
- Audition begins promptly at 11:00 a.m.
- Located at VTP Dance Academy
- 604 W. Evergreen Ct.
- Longwood, Fl 32750
- Please bring headshot, full-body shot, resume and $30 application fee
- First round is closed to the public, family, and friends.
- All participants must be prepared to stay as late as 8 p.m. (no exceptions).
- You will not need to prepare your own performance routine.
- The first round will consist of a series of 2-3 eliminations that will include freestyle, jazz technique, and hip-hop choreography.
- A maximum of 24 finalists will advance at the end of this day.
- We recommend that you bring snacks, a water bottle, a towel, and items to freshen up between rounds.
- Participants will be judged on appearance, fitness, dance ability, style, strength and completion of movement, energy, projection, and potential.
Finalist Interviews By Appointment: Dates TBA
- Each finalist will be interviewed by representatives of the Orlando Predators.
- Interviews are designed to learn more about the personality of the candidate.
- Finalist will be asked about their ability to commit to a one year contract.
- Each interview will last approximately 10-15 minutes per candidate.
- Business casual attire preferred.
- Interview times will be scheduled following the final elimination in the 1st round.
- Finalists will be judged based upon speaking ability, energy, presence, maturity, ability to commit to the job, and over-all impression.
Finalist Boot Camp: Dates TBA
- Finalists will participate in jazz and hip-hop dance classes taught by guest choreographers.
- Finalists will go through intense fitness training classes.
- Fitness assessments will be conducted.
- All nights of boot camp are mandatory (no exceptions).
- The Predators Dancers Manager, Lora Costantini , will be observing and judging finalists based upon their interaction with the other candidates, their work ethic, their ability to ‘get out of their comfort zone’, and their overall performance in all planned boot camp activities.
Final Audition: Date TBA
- One final opportunity for the finalists to perform the audition routine for the judges panel.
- This exciting event will be streamed live online on the Orlando Predators website via Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and/or Instagram Live. for family and friends to watch.
- The 2020 Orlando Predators Dancers will be announced at the conclusion of the event.
What you can expect if you are hired as a member of the 2020 Orlando Predators Dancers:
- Being a member of one of the hottest dance teams in the NAL!
- Experiencing the excitement of performing in front of over 11,000 Predators fans at every home game
- Local and national media exposure
- Making a positive and profound impact in the Central Florida Community by participating in various charitable events and causes
- Enjoying numerous perks such as professional hair makeovers by Renew Day Spa , professional make-up application lessons, free fitness assessments, and so much more!
- Getting paid for doing something you love!
- Making lifelong friends with your teammates!
- MOST IMPORTANTLY…BEING PART OF THE ACTION IN ARENA FOOTBALL!
Frequently Asked Audition Questions:
- Do past Orlando Predators Dancers have to audition again? YES – All current team members wishing to renew their contract must audition again. No spots on the team are guaranteed.
- Is there a maximum age limit to be a Predators Dancer? NO – The minimum age is 18 but there is no maximum age limit.
- Are the Predators Dancers paid? YES – This is a paid professional position and the Dancers are paid per game worked.
- Is being a Predators Dancer a full-time job? NO – Hours worked per week vary greatly throughout the year.
- Can I hold a full-time job or be a student while maintaining the Predators Dancers’ schedule? YES – As long as you keep your evenings free for games and rehearsals, it is possible to work a full-time professional job or maintain a full-time school schedule.
- How often and when do you practice? Rehearsals are held 2 nights per week beginning as early as 7 p.m., lasting as late as 10 p.m. Most rehearsals are held on Monday and Thursday nights with a potential Wednesday or Friday during game weeks. On game nights, there are also mandatory pre-game rehearsals at the Arena which begin 4 hours prior to kick-off (ex. 3 p.m. for 7 p.m. games).
- How quickly will rehearsals and games begin? There will be a contract meeting the week following the final audition with rehearsals beginning shortly thereafter (this schedule will be distributed during auditions). Games begin in April with the regular season lasting through July and playoff games lasting as late as August.
For further information or to be placed on the mailing list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.